In most life situations, people use specialists to help them obtain the help they need. People go to their dentists to obtain dental care. They go to a medical doctor to obtain medical care. They seek the services of insurance agents to help design an insurance program to meet their needs. They seek the help […]Read More >
Learn tips for attaining and retaining employees.
Many dental offices are finding it harder than ever to find long-term (or even short-term) employees who are ready to work. Historically, employees rarely left — from front desk employees, dental assistants to hygienists — we’ve entered a new era of having to do more to retain employees.
To ensure you carry on with your practice as uninterrupted as possible consider these ideas to boost your hiring and employee retention efforts:
- Offer prospective employees sign-on bonuses or increase wages of your current team. Offering a prospective employee, a sign on bonus could be the extra factor for someone to select your position over a competitors. Review your team’s salaries and see if you have room to adjust wages to gain a competitive edge.
- Provide growth opportunities like employee training and continuing education to help your employees grow in their roles. Create apprenticeships. If you’re getting applicants who are underqualified, try providing them with the training they need. You may just find a diamond in the rough.
- Keep people motivated in a positive environment. Some ways to do this include upgrading equipment, renovating the practice, and even just taking the employees to breakfast or lunch on occasion.
- Communicate. Let employees know they are being heard, and they’ll feel a stronger connection to the practice.
- Employee recognition. Regularly recognizing employees for their contributions to your practice will motivate them and others. Celebrate anniversaries and birthdays on social media. Drawing attention to these milestones helps build that foundation of loyalty.
These are just some of the ideas dental practice owners are using to find and retain employees. Most importantly, remember to keep an open mind and be ready to be surprised. Use these ideas to hire your next amazing employee!